Walking & Boarding
Why your dog needs exercise every day
Dogs are extremely intelligent and sensitive animals with bounding energy and enthusiasm. That’s why we love them. Busy professionals love their dogs and don’t always have the time to walk them.
I walk small packs from one to six dogs. Walking a small pack means I can give your dog individual play attention whilst socialising them within a calm stable hierarchy. Your pet will look forward to coming out with their friendship group; enjoying running, swimming, rolling in the grass on hot days, outdoor wild agility, climbing, jumping up, over and under logs and fallen trees whilst we are out.
- It fulfils their needs to mark territory, scent and have fun.
- A hour or two out keeps dogs exercised and calm; you’ll notice the difference when you get home.
- They tend not to develop destructive boredom issues such as chewing furniture and your shoes.
- They remain fit and healthy and so less visits to the vet for issues such as weight gain.
- When walked in a pack they bond as a friendship group and learn their pack status.
Walks take place in the Archway (N19) and Highgate areas of North London on Hampstead Heath, Queens Woods, Waterlow, Whittington, Finsbury and Dartmouth Park . They’re good open green spaces for exercise. I can collect from Tufnell Park, Archway and Highgate. My walk times vary depending on how many dogs I’m walking for that day. Usually I pick up and drop off from your home. You can also drop off. I’m flexible about times to fit your schedule.
Morning walk £20.00 10.30am approx – 2/3pm. Suitable for fit & healthy high drive dogs such as Spaniels, Retrievers, Labradors, Vizslas. I may charge a daycare rate if your dog is with me for 4 hours.
Day Care £25.00 8.30am – 2.30pm or 10am – 4pm
Daycare is ideal for puppies & young dogs.
Board Costs: £30.00 per night.
Double the rate for Bank Holidays. A board constitutes 24 hours from the drop off time and the fee covers the walks during that day. I usually board one dog at any one time, I will board two if they already know each other and are calm in each others company.
Boarding Bath fees
I have a minimum bath fee of £10.00 per week, regardless of how many baths. I am flexible about this charge, it covers my utility power usage, shampoos and conditioners. There tends to be more baths in winter. In the summer some ponds have bacteria that can cause itchy skin on dogs. Bathing with clean warm water and a low ph shampoo helps to minimise skin reactions from pond water. Please bring a large towel and your preferred shampoo, otherwise I will use one purchased from my grooming suppliers or Highgate Vets.
- Please note for Walks, or Boarding. The full fees will apply for cancellations with no notice. I turn away work because of your booking.
- Once a Board booking is made with a 50% deposit, you may lose that deposit if you do not inform me of the cancellation within 2 weeks of the start date.